Monday 3 October 2011

Sweep EX30P-PP Tyres

I blew the dust off the Mi4 at the weekend and headed to Adur Model Car Club for Round 8 of their summer series.
It's been a little while since I have run the touring car so needed some fresh rubber.
RC Direct were the trackside retailers and recommended these Sweep EXP30-PP tyres.
They were cheaper than the ubiquitous Sorex 32, and I like to save a quid where I can, so I decided to give them a go. 


I had some car issues throughout qualifying with what turned out to be a dodgy diff but managed to get it sorted for the finals, time to see if these tyres were any good.
These boots were now 5 runs old but I still  turned my fastest lap, 16.8 secs, just a few hundreths off the best lap of the day in the superstock class.
A win and a 2nd in two close finals gave me 2nd overall on the day. Well done to Steve Moss, a deserving winner.


At £22.50 these seem to be decent value. Their longevity remains unproven but after 5 runs they are looking good. I shall run them at the next club meeting and see how long they go before they drop off.

I am sure many of you are already familiar with these but I am pleased enough to make them my "find of the week".

No comments:

Post a Comment