Friday 26 July 2013

Vega Gen3 Shell

The Vega has always had quite a reputation for sporting a somewhat eccentric shell design.
From the interesting fluted 'rocket launcher' 1st Gen to the 'ugly bug' 2nd Gen, which I like but many don't, they have always been a bit like Marmite.


Love 'em or hate 'em though they always turn heads, and the latest 3rd Gen incarnation is no different.
This time however Team Xtreme have come up with something a little more conventional.
I say Team Xtreme but the new design appears to be a very close cousin of the 'Finnisher' shell for which JConcepts are well known.


Actually 'slightly deformed twin' would be more accurate as this shell is pretty much identical apart from the bulge covering the spur gear.
This made it an essential purchase for me as I love the Finnisher shell.


This is how it looks 'finnished' (get it?) in PipskiRacing colours, I think it looks kinda smart.
It's still my RB5 Gen2 lurking underneath,

I am told by better drivers than myself that this cab forward design is likely to be a better performer on track as well.
Let's hope so, I need all the help I can get!

Looking forward to the weekend so I can find out.  

No comments:

Post a Comment