Monday 20 February 2012

TORCH wrap up the winter series.

A nippy Sunday saw the final round of the TORCH winter series.
Over 50 drivers braved the cold to contest the final round of what has been a popular southern series.
We arrived to a frost covered winter wonderland of a track.

I have not been able to make it for most of the rounds and with nothing at stake decided to give the Losi 22 a day out on the astro. Regular readers will know I have just fitted a gear diff and installed a Darren Bloomfield setup which I was looking forward to trying out.
It would be nice to enjoy a fun day of racing with nothing at stake and no pressure.


It was a testing day, the frost thawed and the residual damp refused to dry leaving patches of standing water. Green mini-spikes were the poular tyre choice for the tricky conditions, Ballistics on the rear and Schueys on the front. Some drivers opted to give Dboots a try. No matter what the choice it didn't stop the car getting covered in astro gloop!
Looking forward to that post race cleaning session? . . . Err no!


It was a great days racing with conditions making for some close racing throughout the order. I was satisfied when I managed to qualify for the 2wd B final where I managed to give a good account of myself amongst decent company. 

Congratulations to winners on the day:
John Wolfe 4wd
Glen Westwood 2wd

And winter champions:
Steve Brown 4wd
Glen Westwood 2wd


There would have been more pics but I made the schoolboy error of not charging the camera.

Thanks to the TORCH crew for another great championship.
I am already looking forward to the summer series which will doubtless be epic.

This week I will be prepping the cars and gluing up tyres for a trip to Maritime for the Off Road Wars World Cup. I'll make sure the camera is charged for that one! 

No comments:

Post a Comment